Sunday, April 8, 2012

Taste of Scotland

After the rugby (below) we went local for dinner. A lovely haggis from the butcher at western corner. Sadly these beauties can't be imported into the states (since 1971 they've had a problem with one of the ingredients - sheep's lung) however I think I will have a go at perfecting our own recipe once I get back. Any takers...?








My visit coincided with an important rugby match. Edinburgh were up against Toulouse in the Heineken Cup.  So mum and I decided to tootle over for a look. The stadium was busy with 37k in attendance and fortunately there was space for us. We enjoyed a thrilling match against one of rugby's heavyweights and Edinburgh pulled off a famous victory!




Murrayfield has changed a bit since I last took in a match there but the home of scottish rugby is a terrific venue with a great atmosphere. Hopefully I'll get around to seeing an international there sometime.



No comments: